]]>

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summertime in the City

Normally at this time of year, I’d be playing the #$% outta any hip hop albums with bangin’ beats and nice flows…it’s July, and it’s LA, so you have to have the perfect summer mix CD to accompany those sunny drives crawling through traffic on the 10 freeway on the way to the beach. And even though I’m normally pretty picky about my hip hop, in the summertime, I’ll listen to just about anything with upbeat rhymes and hard beats...I’ll even tune into 93.5 KDAY (when they at least had a decent amount of golden era hip hop in the rotation) or worse, 105.9 KPWR for those summer jams.

So I don’t know if I’m getting older, or maybe it’s just my mood, but this summer I don’t even feel like hearing the latest Ghostface, Nas, or AZ anymore. I’d rather listen to something more mellow, but still just right for sitting under the sun on a laid-back SoCal summer day.

That said, here’s some songs on a slightly different note than I’d normally be listening to for my songs of summer…I won’t blab about them like I normally do, but if you have any comments, would love to hear what you think.

[MP3] Dennis Brown :: Things in Life
[MP3] Shuggie Otis :: Aht Uh Mi Head
[MP3] Iron & Wine :: Sea and the Rhythm
[MP3] Asobi Seksu :: Sooner
[MP3] Paperboy :: The Ditty


bruce banner

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am really digging that japanese group Supercar... thanks for introducing it.... it is so nice...

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the way you write. you sound hot. do you have a gf?

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home